The 7th World Water Forum
The 7th World Water Forum (WWF) was held in Daegu Korea from 12th to 17th April 2015. The WWF is one of the world’s largest international conferences in which participants engage in comprehensive discussions on global water issues every three years. The previous WWF was held in Marseille, France in March 2012.
The session entitled “Water Infrastructure for Sustainable Transport and Economic Development” on April 16th was attended by various members of PIANC as well as Mr. Ryuichi Kuwajima of OCDI.
The program and main points of the presentations at the “Water Infrastructure for Sustainable Transport and Economic Development” session were as follows.
- Introduction to PIANC, Mr. Geoffroy Caude, President of PIANC
・The historical development and mission of PIANC etc.
- Sustainability in the Inland Waterborne Transport Sector, Mr. Geoffroy Caude
・Introduction of efforts by PIANC and WWF for sustainable development
- U.S. Waterway Infrastructure – Investments and Benefits, Mr. Jim McCarville, PIANC USA Commissioner
・Role, Development Benefits and Investment of U.S. Inland Waterway
- International Collaboration on Transport on the Rhine River, Mr. Hans Van der Werf, Secretary General of the Central Commission for Navigation of the Rhine(CCNR)
・Mission of CCNR, Outline and Future Vision of Rhine River Waterway
- The Gyeongin Ara Waterway in the Republic of Korea, Mr. Jae Jung Jeong, K Water – Korea
・Development, History, Utilization and Future Plan of Gyeongin Ara Waterway ( Soul ~ Jinsen )
- Recent Improvements in the Parana – Paraguay Waterway, Sebastian Garcia, Hidrovia, Argentina
・Introduction of Inland Waterway in South America, Outline and Utilization of Parana- Paraguay Waterway, Promotion of PIANC Smart Rivers Conference September 7-11, 2015 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Venue of the 7Th WWF in Daegu, Korea
Presenters including PIANC President
Next » OCDI's activities in the Mekong Region on "NHK World NEWS".
Prev » KMI opens new Busan office